Because of its faith in every youth’s potential, the School Perseverance Sector has firmly positioned itself as a leader in the field of school success.
The YMCAs of Quebec’s School Perseverance sector receives regular referrals from both English school boards looking to integrate their at-risk youth in the various positive activities offered in YMCA youth programs. The selected candidate will work within the schools to facilitate the integration of the youths within these YMCA’s activities.
◦ Familiarize with the referred youth’s interests, strength and challenges to facilitate their integration into their local YMCA;
◦ Introduce the youths to the various programmes and services available at the YMCA.
◦ Accompanies and supervises the youth throughout their integration process.
◦ Establishes and implements integration strategies that encourage the youth’s long-term involvement.
◦ Facilitates collaboration with other YMCA youth programs or other external youth-oriented organizations in order to refer youth to the appropriate resources, on an as-needed basis
◦ Establishes and manages partner relationships with various community actors (schools, youth-oriented organizations, police, youth protection services, etc…)
◦ Adheres to the YMCA Code of Conduct, and the YMCA Protecting Children, Youth and Vulnerable Adults Policy and Procedures.
◦ Understands and integrates the value of philanthropy in both the specific position and Association, and participate in the Annual Campaign and/or other fundraising events.
◦ Has either an undergraduate degree in social work, psychology, sociology, criminology, or in any other related field, or a college degree in a related field coupled with relevant professional experience.
◦ Have at least 2 years of experience in intervention with at-risk youth or related fields.
◦ Have experience working partnership development and consolidation.
◦ Fluency in English and ability to work in a French environment
◦ Ability to work according to a flexible schedule (days, evenings, and possibly weekends).
◦ Have no criminal record in connection with the employment.
Nature of the position: contractual, Full time, until the 30 of june.
Place of working: The person selected for the position will work closely with 3 to 4 alternative schools from the South-west and one alternative school from the West-Island (1,5 days a week maximum). The person will also work closely with the YMCA NDG, Pointe-Saint-Charles and West-Island.