Auberge Shalom is expanding our team!
2-3 days a week
The mission of Auberge Shalom pour femmes is to provide a safe shelter, counselling, and advocacy support for the full diversity of women and children affected by conjugal violence, as well as to break the cycle of conjugal violence through education, prevention and advocacy. Auberge Shalom pour femmes has a special mandate to serve women from the Jewish community. The organization operates from two separate sites. One site runs a 12-bed shelter and the other site is an external counselling office. Both sites offer a range of services to address the needs of women and children affected by conjugal violence.
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE & WHAT WE OFFER
Auberge Shalom is a highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of conjugal violence. We provide a supportive and learning-focused environment where we strive for each employee to reach their full potential. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Resources Coordinator is charged with providing the ASPF leadership and staff with human resources expertise in: recruitment and on-boarding, evaluation, professional development, benefits administration, health and safety, and HR policies. The key elements of the role include: cultivating employee development, fostering organizational culture and growth and remaining current and in compliance with employment laws, industry standards and regulations.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment & on-boarding
● Review current recruitment practices and establish best practices and procedures
● Coordinate the full recruitment cycle in collaboration with the ED and Clinical Supervisor to meet the organization’s staffing requirements across all levels (job postings, job descriptions, CV screening, selection, interviewing with management, reference checks, employee contracts, on-boarding)
● Oversee ASPF’s on-boarding program and ensure a positive integration of new hires into the organization’s operations and work culture.
Compensation and Benefits Administration
● Support employee enrollments to benefits and serve as a resource to employees to manage benefits and provider inquiries (group insurance and pension plan)
● Work collaboratively with ASPF’s finance team to ensure payroll and benefits reflects most up to date guidelines and policies
● Ensure all HR record keeping systems are accurate and up to date, including preparing general correspondences, memos and reports
● Conduct research on employee benefits and health practices and recommend changes to existing policies
● Coordinate pay equity filings and other HR focused projects
Wellness and Safety
● Develop and coordinate ongoing activities and training related to employee health and safety
● Support management with the implementation and monitoring of wellness and safety practices and policies
● Support in the implementation of all Public Health and ASPF’s Medical Advisory Committee’s protocols towards COVID- 19 measures and ensure protocols and guidelines are being followed
HR Policies & Operations
● Update and revise the Human Resources policies and procedures manual to align with the organization’s objectives and legislative requirements
● Ensure the Harassment, Social Media and Confidentiality policies are updated and implemented
● Stay up to date of regulatory changes and requirements to ensure compliance with HR practices.
● Provide the Finance Coordinator with required documents for bi-weekly payroll processing
● Work cooperatively with the Shelter Coordinator for scheduling needs
● Consult with the Normes du Travail, SPVM, Emploi Québec, CNESST, pension plan provider and group insurance provider, as required
Organizational Culture, Employee Relations and Professional Growth
● Foster a positive employee working environment, including the coordination of employee learning opportunities, professional development, needs assessment and measurement of training impact
● Support team building activities and staff appreciation initiatives
● Coordinate ASPF’s performance evaluation process and support leadership in implementation
● Support management in creating and implementing programs for employee retention and recognition
● Consult with HR legal expertise in cases of dispute or disciplinary action, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
● University degree in a related discipline
● At least five (5) years of relevant human resources experience
● Excellent communication skills and ability to work within and promote a respectful and collaborative work environment
● Experience and expertise in labour law, human rights, knowledge of current provincial legislation including employment and payroll standards, health and safety, organizational planning, recruitment, and employee development
● Irreproachable ethics, discretion and complete respect for confidentiality
● Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines
● Bilingual in English and French
● Proficiency in Microsoft office: competence in creating spreadsheets, presentations, reports and statistics
● CHRP designation
● Work experience in non-profit environment
● Cultural competencies and knowledge of Jewish community and customs
WORKING CONDITIONS & BENEFITS
● Schedule and Hours: 2-3 days a week
● Compensation & Benefits: $35,000 based on 3 days/week. Full benefits package including a pension plan and group insurance
● Contract Start Date: As soon as possible
● All applicants must be eligible to work legally in Canada and pass police screening
Please send a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience make you a strong candidate for this position along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “HR Coordinator” in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered. We thank all those who apply but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.