The Cote-des-Neiges Black Community Association is seeking an experienced person to take on the role of Financial Coordinator, as we approach the 50th anniversary of our organization.
Our mission is to support the development of social, cultural, educational and economic institutions in our community. We will strive to develop partnerships and collaborate with institutions to provide effective services and programs which will address the needs of our community. Cote-des-Neiges Black Community Association (CDNBCA) is guided by strong principles which enshrine the rights of all people in this society to live with equality and dignity.
The Financial Coordinator is responsible for the management and supervision of all financial systems to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Financial Coordinator leads the annual budget creation process, empowers staff and board with financial literacy training, participates in the finance committee and works in collaboration with the auditor annually.
1. REGULAR DUTIES
▪ Oversees and manages all financial files, systems and controls
▪ Process payroll
▪ Accounts payable and receivable
▪ Prepares income statements and related reports
▪ Manages petty cash expenditures
▪ Ensures the security and confidentiality of all financial systems
▪ Meets regularly with Program staff to help them to understand and manage their budgets
▪ Prepares budgets for grant applications
▪ Produces reports for funders
▪ Participates in the finance committee
▪ Prepares and processes Gouvernement remittances
2. ANNUAL DUTIES
▪ Works with the auditor to verify expenses and to produce reports and answer questions as needed
▪ Works with the Board of Directors’ finance committee to produce the annual budget Page 1 of 3
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
▪ Min DEC Degree in bookkeeping or accounting
▪ Min 2 years experience managing finances for a non-profit or small business ▪ Experience with SAGE Accounting Software
▪ Knowledge of and work experience in the non-profit sector
▪ Excellent computer skills and proficient in MSOffice Software suite, as well as other related software(s), Internet navigation and all social media platforms.
▪ Fluently bilingual (English and French) with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
▪ Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness, operations management, and implementing best practices
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
▪ Ability to work flexible hours may be required
▪ A demonstrated commitment to high professional and ethical standards
▪ Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
Hire Date: Immediately
Benefits: Employer subsidized insurance and other reimbursed work related expenses Schedule: for 20hrs/wk (flexible)
Location: Cote des Neiges Black Community Association, 6585 Cote‐des‐Neiges Road / possibility of teleworking
Reports to: Executive Director
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line by October 29th at noon.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDNBCA encourages applications from a diversity of people who traditionally experience barriers to employment. We encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter. Your information will remain confidential within the hiring committee.